Since my not so great banana bread experience I've been wanting to try it again - this time with zucchini. I kept thinking about a recipe I once had for A-Z Bread that I had used for zucchini bread in the past, but like all my other college recipes, I no longer had a copy. I'm not sure what happened to them all... Anyway, I searched for it and found this one, and I made a batch. No idea if it's the same, but it's dang good. There's a million options and I think I've only used zucchini and maybe pumpkin for it. So if anyone tries this with something else, let me know how it goes.
A-Z Bread
Recipe from: Sutter Home Napa Valley Cookbook
Cookbook Heaven at Recipelink.com
Makes 2 loaves
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2 cups A to Z mix (see below)
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup nuts, chopped
Use 1, or a combination or the following, to equal 2 cups (except as indicated); grated apples, applesauce, chopped apricots, mashed bananas, grated carrots, pitted and chopped cherries, freshly ground coconut, pitted and chopped dates, ground eggplant, finely chopped figs, seedless grapes, honey (omit sugar), 1/2 cup lemon Juice, marmalade (omit 1 cup sugar), mincemeat, chopped oranges, chopped fresh or canned peaches, 1/2 cup peppermint, chopped pears, drained crushed pineapple, 1 cup chopped pitted prunes, canned pumpkin, raisins, raspberries, chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen (drained) strawberries, cooked tapioca, grated sweet potatoes, tomatoes (add an extra 1/2 cup sugar), cooked and mashed yams, plain or flavored yogurt, and grated zucchini.
Sift dry ingredients and set aside. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add oil and sugar, cream well. Add A to Z mix and vanilla to egg mixture. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix well and stir in chopped nuts. Spoon into two-well greased loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment