
I've decided recently that I need to get more into the Christmas spirit. I'm still caught somewhere mentally in July and don't really feel like the summer months should be over yet, let alone Christmas music being played in all the stores.
So this morning while completing a few around the house tasks I found some online I could listen to. I really don't have any good Christmas CD's, and the one I did really liked got scratched and won't play anymore. I know there's some good musicians out there that have awesome Christmas CD's and want to know your favorites.
Who do you love?
Let me know!
6 comments:
If you hear of any really good stuff let me know too Ruthie!
I think I've told you my favorites: Taylor Swift's Christmas Cd (I'm kinda obsessed with her right now :))
Rascal Flatts has a few good ones, like Jingle Bell Rock and White Christmas.
Hm...so I just realized these are both country. And I don't even listen to much country lately. Interesting.
OK I'm listening to Elliot Yamin's Cmas CD and it's pretty good too.
I heard the forgotten Carols is good but I haven't heard it myself. I think I would like to have it though. I only have mariah careys christmas CD --I have had it forever and don't know why I bought it --one of those BMG things I guess but it is pretty good. I am sure there are much better though. I want to get some good ones too...Luckily the radio stations here are playing christmas music so I can sing along in the car!
I LOVE Christmas music. I don't remember what kind of music you like, but here are my favorite Christmas singers/artists: Nat King Cole, John Schmidt, Kurt Bestor, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, the Carpenters, and lots more. If you like choral music (I'm a choral nerd) try anything by the Cambridge Singers, Polyphony, or the Dale Warland Singers. BYU has some good CDs too or there's always the Tab Choir. I hope you start feeling the Christmas spirit! I know what you mean- it comes up so quickly that by the time your in the mood the season's about over. I've started listening to Christmas music and it's helped me.
Clay Aiken's Christmas Cd is good too...although maybe that's just from being around the Salisbury's around the holidays.
But if you want to listen to actual albums of artist and such, go to imeem.com
You can search for artists and a lot of time the entire albums are there so you can stream through the entire thing. This way you can see what you like before you buy anything OR you can stream the music you want just from your computer if that works for you. You can also make your own playlists.
I think I only have one christmas CD and I stole it from my mom, it is Mariah Carey. Remind me when you come visit, I will make you some mix CDs
Post a Comment