Okay guys,
Now that I've re-entered the blogging world and got some of my audience back, I need some help. I debated for awhile of whether or not to conform to the trend of having a "wedding website." I decided against it, then I started exploring some of the tools offered by Bed Bath & Beyond, including their personal website. It included sections like, About the Bride, About the Groom, How we met, Engagement Story, Wedding schedule, Travel, Where to Stay, etc...then it has a link to your registry. I played around with it for awhile and figured it would be kindof interesting for people to browse. I decided I would just print it on the bottom of the announcement so people could have access if they wanted. Then I wouldn't need to put in the little registry cards in them either. I was all set on using it, then I found out that this was my site address: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pws.asp?id=RuthieandJeremy3753968. Whoa! wayy too long, and half of it doesn't make sense to anybody. It's not like it'd be a link. They'd have to type it in. plus, I don't think it would fit.
Anyway, sense I was kindof stuck on the idea of having one, I decided to just make a blog instead, and I could probably have the same kind of information on it. Now I just don't know how to do it because it's in running text form and not really links you can click on. This is where I need to enlist the help of professional bloggers, so please post a comment answering any of these questions:
1) How do I arrange the page to be more user friendly for this purpose?
2) What kind of information would you (or others) enjoy or benefit from having on there?
3) What's super tacky that I should definently NOT do.
4) anything else that could be helpful
If you want to check it out so far (which is very little, mostly just testing it out..) for inspiration, it's site address is www.jeremyandruthie.blogspot.com.
Thanks guys!
8 comments:
Why don't you check out the knot. They have a website thing too and it is really cute and easy to do. Lots of my friends used it when they got married and you link your registry to it too. It would be a lot easier then starting from scratch and it is free. http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp_offers.aspx
Here is the link to the webpage part. Trust me it will be a lot easier.
Okay, Christy's got a good point. I had thought their address was long too. They put first and last names in your title, but after changing my first name to "R" and last to "uthie" it shortened it. That address is http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/Jeremy&Ruthie.
Easier, and not much tooo longer. I just might do it.
Great Idea! And I wouldn't worry about being tacky, your taste isn't tacky. Just do what you want. It's your wedding!
Also, I don't know if it is possible with the sites you are using, but you can have different urls for the same site.
So you could have something simple like ruthie&jeremy.blah that would link to the same page and that long link. I've done this before for news articles and such where you don't want to print the long version and so they have a public version of the url as well...But again, I'm not sure how it works...just something to explore I guess.
YAY for announcements!!!!
Um... i heart that picture. I can't really tell what's going on but i know that i love it. You look so cute.
overall, two thumbs up on the invite. Fun purple envelope thingy and nice simple text.
Amen to Jen's comment. I was so excited to see your announcement. It's very Ruthie which equals very cute and cool.
Hey rus, you know how couples combine their names to make one name? Like for me & Sean: Shen or Seanifer. Or Ash and Trevor: Trashley. You and Jeremy should be Juthie. It is appropriate because it sounds like you're saying "juicy" with a lisp, which is kind of like your name--Ruthie sounding like Ruusie (which is not a word) with a lisp. Just something to think about.
Ruthie Bear!!! I found your blog on Lianna's and I was so so excited. Congratulations on getting married in 2 weeks, that is awesome. I wish you were getting married in Utah but I'll get over it...maybe. I miss you and am happy to hear that life is good.
Post a Comment