Arg. I did it again. Trusted myself more that I should've and typed my email right into the Compose Message window. Then I reached over to give my flash drive to Sis. Peterson and somehow deleted all of it! I tell myself I will only compose in Word, but then I don't do it. That's what repentance is for I guess. One day I will learn.
Right now, this is being typed in Word first. I learn, just slowly. I wanted to make this one longer since I skimped out last week, but I may not succeed. I will do my best though.
It is looking like Toledo is finally getting it's winter. They hadn't had any snow all winter and we got an inch or two yesterday. They say it will be getting cold soon. I have actually enjoyed getting all bundled up. You get to wear all of your clothes at the same time—just have to decide which goes on top. It makes it a lot warmer, but then you go in someones house, for dinner for example, and you have to take off your boots, then your pants and socks show underneath. It's kindof awkward, especially because I usually wear teal sweats, and they're rather noticeable. I've learned to embrace it though.
It's been a fun week. We're working a lot more with the ward members than I have in other areas. As I mentioned before, this ward is really struggling with membership. They've had about 30 baptisms in the last few years and only 2 of them are currently active. That's not the best retention. We've been visiting as much as we can and keeping the ward leaders involved and there's a lot of potential. There's a few families with the parents and then the kids and their families that all still have testimonies, just lack the movitation. We're working with both the Adams and the Pattersons who have 2 generations in the ward. Both of the kids generation are married to a nonmember that is interested. The opposition is in disappointing their own family. They personally love the doctrine.
We've also started a program to teach to the members to help them in their own missionary work. We haven't taught it yet, but we've set appointments with a few families in our area to try it out with. I really didn't know how to be a missionary before my mission, even just to my friends and I think this will be helpful to a lot of people. Sometimes you just need a little push.
It was funny because this week we tracted in two main areas, one was a group of apartments, another was a really rich looking neighborhood. We're always kindof hesitant for the rich houses, but we actually had pretty good success in both. The rich area was very diverse. We met Buddhist, Muslims, Jews in the first few houses. Almost everydoor are letting us come back so hopefully something good will come of it. There were a lot of cute families there.
We get to have interviews with President Peterson tomorrow. Those are always a highlight. I always make a list of all the things I can ask to learn from him. I wish he could be my oncall resourse. I learn so much from him.
Funny thing to end this up. A few times this week I've been praying silently and find myself saying… "President, I …" and realized I was directing my prayer to him…
That was funny.
Well, times up again. Hope all is well.
Lots of love,
Sister Salisbury
No comments:
Post a Comment