Hey all,
Before I forget this time again, my new address is
4831 Wickford Green #12
Sylvania, OH 43560
I figured since I haven't received any mail since I've been here, you all must be waiting with your mail in hand until you had my new address...right :) I apologize for forgetting.
I attempted to send out Christmas cards, but I accidentally sent all of my old mail home and failed to write down a lot of the addresses first. If you would like a card/picture then please send me your address. Better late than never right? I now have a new address book so I will not lose them again. Pinky swear. Oh, also, if you DID receive one, could you tell me too, because I did them in pieces and kindof forgot who I already sent to. Eesh sorry…
I'm still trying to get in the groove of Sylvania. It seems like it's been really stop and go. We had good lessons with both Amanda and Kim-of the email last week-but they both say they're busy and to contact in a few weeks. It's hard to be patient with that because I'm used to more frequent contact. I was talking to a lady in the ward though and she shared how before she was baptized it was often a month between appointments with the missionaries. They really were interested, but just busy. It's easy for us as missionaries to give up with long term breaks like that. We think from day to day…but hopefully thinks will pan out there. They both really enjoyed the things taught and are excited to read and learn more.
The ward is having us help out with home teaching and assigns us a few families for 2 months to try and reactivate. We do what we can and then pass it to the ward. The Toledo area is shrinking-everyone moves away and no one moves in. They really need help and we seem to be having some good success. Most people are interested, just lazy and don't come to church.
We have been working with quite a few part member families which I'm excited about. The Adams, Drakes, Pattersons, and Voyles. They all have potential for uniting themselves better as a family as then embrace the gospel. It really does help familes in all aspects.
That's actually all I have time for now. I'll try and give a more comprehensive update next week. But, no promises :)
Zone Conference is tomorrow. Yay! that's always the best.
weather update--This week was another bi-polar week. Warm at the beginning, and freezing the last 2 days. Apparantely it hasn't really snowed over here all winter though. they need snow. the snow plowers need money!
Lots of love,
Sister Ruthie Salisbury
No comments:
Post a Comment