Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September 6, 2006--Pictures!

Hello,

It's winter. It was very hot summer one day and come September 1st it was freezing! Now it's hot again. I wish fall existed in Ohio. I've found that 3/4 length sleeves do you no good here. I now just keep an alternate wardrobe in the car so whatever the weather changes to I'm set.

The work is coming great. Sue is still progressing towards her baptismal date of the 16th, and now Jim has a date for Sept. 23rd. [Andrea's birthday :)] That will be neat to have two in a row! We're planning on taking a trip to Kirtland on Sunday and showing them around there and learning more about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. That'll be fun.

We had a really neat experience with Johnathan this week too. We hadn't been able to bring members teaching with us before and felt like we really needed one this time. He accepts that everything we teach could be true, but we wanted him to have a spirtual experience more than his reasoning. We have a lot of really smart people in our ward that we felt would think along the same lines as him, but we couldn't work it out with any of them. They were busy or gone or something. We went over the ward directory one more time and Sis. Olney mentioned someone else that we'd never really thought of bringing and it just hit me as right. (There's only like 25 active families in the ward so I don't know why we never thought of them before.) But we called him and told him a little about Johnathan, and he was really excited to come. I knew a little about his conversion, but it turns out they are/were in very similar circumstances. Well, we taught and we actually didn't even end up saying much, but he shared his experience with joining the church and the things he noticed that just seemed to fit. Johnathan was very impressed with everything and I think something hit him on a new level. He couldn't come to church last week, but hopefully will soon. I haven't heard much since, but I guess they and their wives are going to get together and talk over chess... We'll see how it works out.

That's about it for now. I'm going to try and see if my pictures will hook up so I can send them. I NEED to get them out. I'm sorry for my slacking... Thanks for you all--you're great!

--Sister Ruthie Salisbury


Jen's note: pictures below!



Me and the Motzkus' before they left.




Bowling with the Zone






Our "District Meeting" We had to have it outside since it was two on two...

2 comments:

Lianna said...

It looks like Ruthie has her arm around one of the Elders in the bowling picture :)

Anonymous said...

ha ha. yeah, an extra long, gorilla arm. :)