Heheh, apparantely I did a good job at making everybody feel guilty. It was good to see a nice full inbox today :) You all are great. Thanks to those who answered my question…survey says it's rhetorical. Oh, and one of the reasons the sending of the emails was messed up was because I can't ever type in an email address correctly. I sent it to the wrong address. My mistake.
Well, another great week has passed by. It's already August! I know it was last week too, but it just hit me again. In 6 days I will have been out 6 months. I know you probably all feel like it's been a lot longer than that since you miss me so much :) but it's flown.
I finally got some new batteries for my camera so hopefully I can update you all photographically soon. I got a few of the corn field behind the church but I don't know how well they'll turn out.
Here's a few cool stories.
We have been teaching a guy named Prasad who introduced us to his friend Sarai. Prasad is from India and is Hindu and only knows a little about Christianity. Sarai is from Mexico, has a Christian background and currently goes to the Methodist church. We've taught them both together but they are on completely different levels so it's been interesting. They're both eager to learn but Prasad has so many questions and all of them are very deep. Right now we're working on faith before knowledge, but he's progressing. They both came with us to a baptism last week and enjoyed it and then the member we were with invited them to Kirtland the next day. They both decided to go and they came back completely amazed. Sarai hadn't heard about Joseph Smith or anything until the day before and she so excited to have seen the movie and know so much more about him now. They got a lot of push from the missionaries there to read and pray and now they're doing pretty well. It was so neat to hear their excitement.
Kirtland really lit a fire in them.
Our really amazing day was Sunday. It kindof becomes a long story if I try to include all the cool details, so here's just the jist of it. We had been trying really hard to get 10 other lessons taught as a district. Normally that's a lot easier, but the bar is raised and we kept getting flamed by our appointments (not being home). By Saturday we only had 5 and we had 1 set appointment for Sunday. First of all, we were fasting which helped, but we decided we'd do everything we could to teach lessons that day. It was amazing, but things just fell into place and people would let us in which is abnormal, and we set a few appointments. And guess what—we got 5 that day! All of them were amazing lessons, filled with the Spirit and you could tell they all felt it. It's hard to work with that amount of urgency all the time, but you can just see how much more effective we all would be if we did that everyday. Even if you're not on a mission, goals are so important, and if you do everything you can to achieve them, you will.
Yesterday was a pretty exciting day. There's a Young Woman in the ward, Tonya that we wanted to take tracting with us. Her mom suggested it and we thought it'd be fun. She's kindof a crazy type girl, but she loves to tell people about church. First of all, it was funny because we both thought she was at least 14 but turns out she's 12 :) I guess I'm used to my family who all look young. We couldn't drive her in our car so we went to the street across from her house and tracted it. She knew all the people pretty well so it was kindof funny, plus, her 9 year old brother wanted to come too and would run ahead of us and ring the doorbells. It was kindof awkward for a second, but it turned out well. We ended up stopping by one of their friends houses and they were willing to let us teach. We all sat around the picnic table outside and taught. There were 3 kids and they all sat nicely and listened and the adults (the father, brother, and sister in law) were really excited to read the Book of Mormon. It was funny because they got the most excited about the picture of Christ we gave them. They were all fighting over it :) One of the kids Bella, had come with Tonya to church before and loves it and the dad really wants to start going to a church again. Anyway, everyone's excited and they're all reading and hope it will go well. The funny part is afterward, Bella wanted to come tracting with us too, so picture Sis. Olney and I walking with a 10 year old and a 12 year old down the long country roads. Our job mostly was to pull them out of the middle of the street when cars started coming. But no worries, we all returned safely.
That's it for now! Oops, I didn't update abt Zone Conference, but it was really good. The highlight was where we got to do roleplays and they Pres. Peterson selected an Elder and then me to be his companion... Apparantly it shook him up having to teach with a Sister :) It was funny though.
Well, hope all is well.
Love, Sister Salisbury
jen's note: see,i knew tons of people would write to her, so i didn't. That makes me cool because...um...uhhhhh...
No comments:
Post a Comment