For starters, Carson just waved!
Don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Carson gets a lot of attention from people where ever we go. I know people like babies, and maybe it's not abnormal, but seriously everyone stops to look at him. When he's sitting in the shopping cart I've had several people stop their cars in the parking lot and called for me to stop so they could see him. I think it's the redhair, and then the blue eyes.
Anyway, when they leave they always say bye-bye to him and he just stares at them. Then I'm always like, hm, okay see ya, thanks for looking at my baby... and there's usually a bit of awkwardness. Everytime I think, hmm if only he could wave, that would be the perfect farewell.
Then this morning while pulling him out of the bathroom, and closing the door I said, say bye-bye (mostly kiddingly as it is just the bathroom) and he waves. Then I go around to Jeremy many times and he keeps doing it. He was holding out on me. So cute though. I wanna melt.
I would also like to share that Jeremy is starting his own company. We've had a fun several last months with his last job and him not getting paid. While we were hoping they would pull out of it, I guess it was kindof inevitable that things wouldn't work out. They finally decided/admitted that they would be closing up shop, but amongst the bad things, it opened up the opportunity for Jeremy to starts his own company and take over all the clients (and equipment...) he's been working with there. Jeremy's been their operations manager for awhile and pretty much running things anyway, so it should be a relatively smoothe transition. So far it seems like it'll be a good thing. Now the hardest part is having to hold out more till some money starts coming in... Guess I'll have to let Black Friday pass me by a little this year. :)
Lastly, yay for being almost Thanksgiving. It snuck up on me at first, then I mentioned that fact to someone, and was informed that my anticipations were a week early. But now it really is almost here and I am excited. Here's why:
a) For the food, of course
b) There are a lot of "Thanksgiving foods" that Carson can & will eat and I'm excited to feed them to him. Much more fun than stuff from the jar...
c) The radio stations will finally play some Christmas music. I've been totally craving it this year and it's always while in the car without any cds.
d) It's just fun to see family. Although holiday's can be a bit hectic splitting time between two families -they're so close you can't go to just one :) - it's really twice as fun because there's always something to do.
(I hope you enjoyed my fall themed colors for this post.)
Oh, P.S. On the fall note, I found out that our trash people really do allow 5 bags of leaves a week. It's 2 bags of grass. Oops. That will at least help the 12 bags (not exaggerating) I currently have waiting for pickup go away a little bit faster. :)
Oh, P.S. On the fall note, I found out that our trash people really do allow 5 bags of leaves a week. It's 2 bags of grass. Oops. That will at least help the 12 bags (not exaggerating) I currently have waiting for pickup go away a little bit faster. :)
1 comment:
Oooh. I've been wondering what your leaf count was like up there.
And Yeah! for Carson and his heart melting wave. And I can't believe he's eating stuff. My girls (especially the oldest) wouldn't touch table food until way later.
And Yeah! for Jeremy's new venture!!! We're keeping our fingers crossed.
And Ruthie, I've been saying that "I'll be able to REALLY shop Black Friday next year" for 11 years now. One day it'll be true!
Post a Comment