One of my favorite food blogs, Picky Palate, always has fun recipes to try. I've been meaning to try this one for awhile and we finally made it last night. Really simple and delicious. Follow the link to her site below for pics since I have none of my own. I didn't want to wait to eat it...
BBQ Chicken Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing (recipe & pics here)
3 Cups thinly sliced Green Leaf Lettuce
¼ Cup corn
¼ Cup black beans
8 grape tomatoes, halved
1 cooked grilled chicken breast
¼ Cup favorite BBQ Sauce
¼ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ Cup prepared ranch dressing
1 heaping Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1. Place lettuce into a salad bowl. Layer with corn, black beans and tomatoes. Dice cooked chicken breast and mix with BBQ sauce. Top over salad and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
2. Place ranch dressing and cilantro leaves into a small bowl to combine. Drizzle over salad and serve.
**This recipe is for 1 large serving, double accordingly**
Ah, as I posted it I realized I forgot to put the cheese on. Man. Well it was still good.
For the BBQ Sauce, I actually made some from scratch from another recipe on her blog. If you have some extra time, it sure was tasty. And for the dressing, my ranch is on the thicker side (I think I got the "dressing"), so it didn't mix in well. I don't see a problem with just adding the cilantro on top, and adding ranch separately anyway...
Anyway, no work of my own, but something tasty.
2 comments:
Both of your links go to the same spot! Don't think you were trying to do that but she looks like she has a great website.
Oops! They should be fixed now...
Thanks for telling me :)
Post a Comment