Wednesday, December 24, 2008

making Christmas


Our Christmas tree. We decided against getting a big tree-mostly because there's no room for it, and it would be a pain getting it up 3 flights of stairs. So, we decided to save some money and I picked up this tree at Michaels 1/2 off for 3.50. And all of the ornaments were...dum da dum...free! This year my family made ornaments for each other so the big ones are from them, plus a few acquired on my mission. Thanks fam! The rest Jeremy helped me make out of wrapping paper and string. I'm thrifty, I know. :)

I always thought it'd be fun to make popcorn garland, but never had before. I figured that since I eat it almost daily, it should be a part of my Christmas. It throws me off though when I sit on the couch near the tree and I can't figure out why it smells like popcorn. Plus, my favorite (flavored) candy canes that I finally found for 88 cents!

And, our Christmas truffles. They count as Christmasey right? Jeremy and I tested our skills as we dipped them last night. These are the ones we made! We read the package and learned the trick to add shortening to the chocolate to help it dip better. I think it definently helped, although the white chocolate was still being difficult. I got the easier chocolate ones. They were super fun to make. I love drizzling stuff.

We're waiting to taste them till we get home tonight! Not quite sure that they'll make it all the way home, but we'll try. :)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Those look delicious!

)en said...

"I love drizzling stuff" --excellent.