Sunday, November 04, 2007

Engaged...

Here's some pics so you can get in on the moment. We had spent all day helping a friend of ours fix the scenery for her upcoming play and it took a lot longer than expected. Apparantely the plan was to go to this place in West Virginia that's supposed to be pretty in the fall, but we ended up at this park just before sunset for a "picnic." This is the park we went to for our first date in January of 2005...sitting on this (maybe even the same) blanket, listening to music from his car, and just talking. I now realize why he was so concerned about the sun going down...I was saying, it's just a picnic...I'm not even that hungry, it's okay. He seemed a little too excited to get there fast. So, we were there talking, then he went to the car to get the stuffed bear--apparantely a decoy so he could slyfully get the ring. Sneaky... Then he made me stand up (which on the hill was a little hard, just so you know), said cute things, and asked me to marry him.

Luckily, I'm always prepared, and had my camera handy. So here's a few.


some good cheesy pictures eh?

9 comments:

)en said...

ruthie, you look so pretty! you should tell us all about this "jeremy" guy. just kidding.. i don't know why that's in quotes, as if he doesn't exist.

also, your ring rocks. ha ha.. and it's a rock. get it? HAHA. anyway.. yeah. what a sparkley ring. wow.

lastly, when & where will this marriage take place?

Christianne said...

Cute pics! I can't believe you were able to take pictures of the actually moment. Congrats

Christianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congrats, Ruthie. That's very exciting news.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie- I am SOOOO happy for you. Extremely and utterly happy for you. I was just talking to this guy I'm dating about you yesterday and I told him how I thought you would be getting married soon and then the next morning I see you're engaged! Let me know when the wedding is because I think I need to take a trip out that way. :)

Rachel said...

YAHOO! I'm so happy for you Ruthie! I want to know when the wedding is. And I'm so happy to get a link to your blog! Come visit mine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. Your pictures are perfect. Good thing you had your camera with you.
love you,
jen, dave, brianna, and ian!

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Congrats Ruthie!!!!